Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Week Six

This week saw a continuation of poetry, with a focus on dramatic and lyric poetry. Lyric poems are easy to remember (though I can never remember them) and are written in a form that makes them easy to sing. Nursery rhymes are an example of lyric poetry.

Dramatic poetry has deep meaning and deep expression. It often portrays the writers thoughts and feelings about an emotional subject. Dramatic verse was used by play writes such as William Shakespeare because it made it easier to remember the lines for a play.

For the discussion forum, we had to split into groups, with the group leader facilitating the discussion. We came up with and answered questions pertaining to the poems that we read as well as the youtube videos we watched.

I feel that this lesson has given me a greater understanding of poetry. I also feel that I will be able to find more enjoyment in reading poetry, particularly dramatic poetry.

This is a video that I think everyone should watch, courtesy of youtube.com:

No comments:

Post a Comment